Aspiration to Action: Training for DEI Leaders
Your organization has a DEI council or race equity committee, and you’re on it, but…you aren’t getting any real traction with your efforts. You know the work of creating inclusive and equitable work culture could go deeper.
The reach could be broader. Your efforts could have more impact.
The question is: how?
Equipping Folks for
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leadership
in their organizations
Aspiration to Action is a 3-month mentoring and training program for those leading and participating in workplace DEI Councils who desire to be more effective and have greater impact on their organizations as a whole.
Join me, and together we will:
Strengthen your DEI Council and outline your DEI Council’s 2022 Roadmap
Build strong relationships and develop a shared vision for your DEI Council and for your organization
Craft or revise a strong DEI statement for your organization that can be shared widely
Build strong relationships with your CSuite decision makers to move your work forward
Align the efforts of your DEI councils work with the organization’s strategic imperatives
Gather and synthesize feedback from your colleagues
Meet Your Mentor and Instructor
Ericka Hines, Principal of Every Level Leadership, is an advisor and strategist who works with organizations to align their commitments to inclusion and equity with their everyday actions and operations. Her leadership in Whiteness at Work and the Black Womxn Thriving research project give her ongoing insight into corporate DEI work nationwide.
Her unique perspective allows her to incorporate the newest research, strategies, with established expertise for leadership development that creates lasting change. Ericka has worked closely with several DEI councils over the years, helping them to start, grow, and plan their internal DEI efforts.
With experience working on everything from establishing a charter to negotiating with senior leaders, she can help your team get clear and strategic about what you want to achieve and how to achieve it.
Topics we will explore:
Draft a DEI charter document that allows your team to set goals that are measurable and structure guidelines for the DEI council’s work.
Recruitment and Formation
Gain perspective on who should be on the DEI council—and why—and learn how to structure your team so it is available to all.
Find best practices for ensuring all people in your organization understand the work your council is doing, the progress you are making, and the new processes that are the result of DEI initiatives your team crafts.
Buy-In and Support
Learn how to get leadership buy-in, participation and ongoing support/resources for the work your DEI council is doing. Additionally, find ways to connect with executive sponsors to raise visibility for your efforts.
Develop processes and benchmarks to measure your council’s success and determine whether your DEI team is effectively executing your vision and mission.
Questions or interested in more information?
The course will include:
- On-demand recorded sessions. Ericka will teach three 90-min sessions available to take at your convenience.
- Discussion Prompts + Action Steps. After each recording, resources are sent out for further collaboration and discussion among organizations’ DEI council members.
- Mentor Office Hours. 3 opportunities to join office hours for more specific mentoring.
This training is a good fit for you or your organization if you:
- Are a part of DEI councils or are close to launching one—as a leader or as a member
- Are passionate about creating change but lack the formal training needed to lead high-performing, effective DEI efforts
- Desire to form and share best practices with your counterparts in other organizations who are working for change as well.
- Want your organization’s DEI council to create greater impact organization-wide: for your company, its employees, and its stakeholders and partners.
You already have a DEI council. Make their work more effective.
Aspiration to Action provides the
formalized training and relationship building necessary
to leverage diversity and build inclusive culture
for long-term change.
Let’s get started.
This program runs each Spring and fall The next available session will be Spring 2022. We are currently accepting applications. The program is designed to be a three month course.
- Mentoring sessions 3 office hours at specific checkpoints int eh program for up to 3 of your DEI council members (1 must be the sponsor and 2 additional members)
- Over 5 hours of on demand trainings videos Covering topics such as Operationalizing Equity, Developing a DEI Charter for Your Organization, Gaining and sustaining Buy-in and Support From Your Organization, and Outlining Your 2022 Roadmap & Timeline
Aspiration to Action Application
You’ve seen the details and know you are ready for three months of high-impact DEI council learning and mentorship with Ericka Hines. Now is your chance to tell us why you and your group would make a good addition to our cohort. We look forward to learning more about you!
Email questions to DEIcouncil@EveryLevelLeads.com